How often do we turn on the TV, or log on to our favourite news website, and hear stories about ordinary humans surviving catastrophic events – despite the odds against them! Individuals and families go through extra ordinary ordeals, and come out on top at the other end.
But if you read those news reports carefully, you’ll always find that the ones that make it though okay are the ones that were well prepared for a survivalist situation. The question is: When faced with a SHTF scenario – will you and your family survive?
Here’s some survival gear that you must own to tip the odds of survival in your favour!
Must Have Survival Gear
When you first start thinking about putting together a survival gear box, you may find yourself overwhelmed. What should I include? Why do I need two of these? Do I really need this? As a result, it’s hard to decide what’s in and what’s out. Let’s take the guess work out of your survival gear list. Here are a few things you should absolutely include:
- FOOD: When the SHTF, you’ll likely not be able to order take-out. Here’s what you need to prepare yourself:
- Binoculars to spot prey
- Rifle with ammo
- Snare wire, Fishing rod/line, and lures
- Canned food, Energy bars, Trail mix
- Axe, Folding knife, Butane stove, Portable pan
- WATER: To stay hydrated:
- Water bottles
- Water collection barrels/tanks
- LifeStraw (or equivalent) Personal Water Filter
- Water purification tablets, Iodine tablets/Chlorine
- HEATING: To stay warm and keep hyperthermia at bay:
- Rain Jackets
- Sleeping Bag, Thermal Blankets
- Space Heater
- SHELTER & SAFETY: To stay safe and survive bad weather:
- Portable tents
- Survival hammock
- Bivy sack
- First Aid Kit
- RESCUE & NAVIGATION: To move to safety or signal for help:
- Maps of the area
- GPS device
- Portable (battery-operated) HAM, SW or CB radios
- Flash light, Personal Locator Beacon (PLB), Emergency flares
- OUTDOOR CLOTHING: To survive harsh weather outdoors:
- Hiking and Tactical Boots
- Wool socks
- Shemagh or Scarf
While this list of gear contains the bare essentials that you need to survive and ride out a SHTF situation, you might need to add other items to the list depending on your personal circumstances. For instance, if you have a particular medical condition, or are allergic to certain environments (e.g. pollen), then you may need to add a list of common medications to this list.
While not at all exhaustive in nature, this list of survival gear is a great start for anyone looking to build a survival pack. Of course, an easier way to get a head start would be to reach out and contact specialist survival and tactical gear providers.
Pack For Survival
At TacPack, we are determined to give our members the ability to survive through even the most trying of SHTF situations. We believe that no one can anticipate any specific survivalist event. However, if you are prepared and equipped for a range of dire scenarios, the odds are higher that you and your family will survive through it.
Each month, our TacPack’s are loaded with survival gear that gives you an edge over those that aren’t prepared. If you plan on surviving a SHTF event, then you’d better be ready with the right survival gear.
The alternate is just unthinkable!